1. Verbal Inspiration. We believe that the Holy Scriptures, both Old & New Testaments, to be the verbally inspired Word of God without error, the complete revelation of God's will for the salvation of man and the divine authority for all Christian faith, life, and conduct. (II Peter 1:20, 21; II Timothy 3:16, 17).
2. The Trinity. We believe in One God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 3:16, 17; 28:19; John 10:30; I John 5:7)
3. Jesus Christ. We believe that Jesus Christ, the Eternal Son of the Father, was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin, that He lived a sinless life; that He died on the Cross. Thereby being a perfect and complete sacrifice for the sins of all mankind; and that He rose bodily from the dead and ascended into Heaven where He now is seated on the right hand of the Majesty on high and ever lives to intercede as our High Priest and Advocate. (Luke 1:35; John 1:1; I Timothy 3:16; Hebrews 4:14-16)
4. Holy Spirit. We believe that the Holy Spirit is the third Person of the Godhead, Who convicts the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment. He regenerates, baptizes, seals, indwells, fills, enlightens, guides, comforts, instructs, and empowers the believer for godly living and service. (John 16:8, 13, 14: Acts 1:8; I Corinthians 2:9-12; 3:16; 12:13; Ephesians 4:30; 5:18)
5. Satan. We believe in the personality of Satan; that he is the author of sin; that he fell into sin; that he is the avowed enemy of God and man; and that he is doomed and shall be eternally punished in the lake of fire. (Job 1:6, 7: Isaiah 14:12-17; Ezekiel 28:11-17; Ephesians 6:11, 12; Revelation 20:10).
6. Depravity of Man. We believe that God directly created man in His Own image and likeness, but that man fell into sin. The entire human race became sinners by nature, alienated from God, and is therefore eternally lost. The natural man of himself is utterly unable to remedy his lost condition. (Genesis 2 & 3; Romans 3:10, 23; 5:12; Ephesians 2:1, 2, 8, 9)
7. Blood Atonement. We believe that the shedding of Christ's Blood was necessary for man's redemption and is sufficient for the salvation of the whole world. (Romans 3:24-26; Titus 2:11; Hebrews 9:22; I John 2:2)
8. Justification by Faith. We believe that men are justified by faith in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ; that only by this means can salvation and eternal life be obtained. (Acts 13:38, 39; Romans 3:24, 25: 5:1; Colossians 1:14; I Corinthians 15:1-6)
9. Security of the Believer. We believe that all born-again believers are regenerated by the Holy Spirit and as such are eternally saved in Christ and shall never come into condemnation for sin. While it is the believer's privilege to rejoice in the assurance of salvation, this is not a cause for license or liberty as an occasion to the flesh. (John 10:28, 29; Romans 6:1-15; 8:1,38, 39; Ephesians 1:13, 14; I Peter 1:5)
10. The Church. We believe that the church is a body of baptized believers who are joined together under the recognized Scriptural leadership for the worship of God, for prayer, fellowship, the proclamation of the Gospel and observance of baptism and the Lord's supper. (Matthew 16:18; Acts 2:42-47; Romans 12:5; I Corinthians 12:13; Ephesians 4:11, 12; Hebrews 13:7, 17)
11. Gifts of the Spirit. We believe that God gives supernatural gifts to all believers. The gifts of the Holy Spirit are permanent and are to be used throughout the church age. (Romans 12:3-8; I Corinthians 12:4-11; 13:8-10; 14:20, 21; Hebrews 2:3, 4) We believe that God does hear and answer the prayer of faith, according to His Own Will, for the sick and afflicted. (II Corinthians 12:7-10; Ephesians 4:7-12; I Corinthians 12:12 James 5:13-15)
12. Second Coming of Christ. We believe in the personal, pretribulation, premillennial, and imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ for His redeemed ones; that this blessed hope has a vital influence on the personal life and service of the believer; and that Christ will subsequently return to the earth at the end of the tribulation with His saints to establish His millennial Kingdom. (Acts 1:11; I Corinthians 15:51, 52; I Thessalonians 1:10; 4:16, 17; Revelation 19:11-21)
13. Resurrection. We believe that Jesus Christ rose bodily from the grave. We believe in the physical resurrection of all men - the saints to everlasting joy and bliss, and the wicked to conscious and eternal torment. (Acts 2:32-36; I Timothy 2:5; I Corinthians 15:21, 22; Revelation 20:4-15)
Return to Cornerstone Gospel Church Homepage
To reach us: info click here...@cornerstone-gospel.com